Adams Rite 74R1 Strike for 3/4" Rim Exit, Grade 1
A semi-mortised strike for rim exit devices having 3/4" Pullman type bolts without auxiliary bolts. Provides electric remote control allowing door to open without actuation of the exit device.
• Over 2400lbs. of holding force
• Opens electrically with 35lbs. of preload
• Low Current Draw
• UL Listed for Burglary Resistance
• Compact Strike Body
• Field-Reversible for Fail-Safe/Secure
• Modular Faceplate Selection
• Tested to One Million Cycles
• Exceeds ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 standards
More Info +
Adams Rite is known around the world for durable and reliable door hardware. Our latest line of premium electric strikes, the UltraLine 7400 series, casts that reputation in solid steel. UltraLine Strikes feature an adjustable split-jaw design, and can operate with up to 35lbs. of door “preload” that can disable other electric strikes.
- 74R1 Electric Strike is designed for rim exit devices with 3/4" [19.1 mm] Pullman latchbolts. For use in aluminum, hollow metal or wood applications.
- 74R2 Electric Strike is designed for narrow stile rim exit devices with 1/2" [12.7 mm] Pullman latchbolts. Designed for use in aluminum applications.
Open electrically under 25 lbs [11.3 kg] of preload. Preload is pressure exerted on doors by air conditioning systems, warping or misaligned hardware which can disable common electric strikes.
These non-handed strikes feature an ultra-compact design and adjustable stainless steel keepers with over 1,500 lbs [680.4 kg] of holding force in fail secure mode. The strikes release electrically with up to 25 lbs of door preload. Single solenoid operates on 12/16/24 VDC power. Provides electrical remote control, allowing door to open without actuation of the exit device.,/p>
- ANSI/BHMA A156.31 Electric Strikes and Frame Mounted Actuators, Grade 1
- 74R1: 1-13/32" x 3-3/8" x 1-1/16" deep [35.7 mm x 85.7 mm x 27 mm deep]
- 74R2: 1-13/32" x 3-3/8" x 1-1/8" deep [35.7 mm x 85.7 mm x 28.6 mm deep]
- Strike Opening: Bolt retaining keeper is stainless steel.
- 74R1: 5/8" x 1-7/16" x 9/16" deep [15.9 mm x 36.5 mm x 14.3 mm deep]. Strike accepts Pullman latch of exit devices without deadlocking bolts.
- 74R2: 5/8" x 1-7/16" x 1/2" deep [15.9 mm x 36.5 mm x 12.7 mm deep].
- Faceplate: Not separate
- 74R1: 1-3/4" x 9 x 11/16" [44.5 mm x 228.6 mm x 17.5 mm]
- 74R2: 1-5/8" x 9 x 1/2" [41.3 mm x 228.6 mm x 12.7 mm]
- Latchbolt Projection
- 74R1: 3/4" [19.1 mm]
- 74R2: 1/2" [12.7 mm]
- Standard Package
- Individually boxed with mounting plate shims, mounting screws, and installation instructions
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs [0.91 kg]
- Voltage: Field selectable to match power source of 12/24 VDC. VA7400-16 VDC voltage adapter required when using 16 VDC power, available separately. Equipped with a quick connect plug-in type connector.
- Current Draw
- .44A at 12 VDC
- .46A at 16 VDC*
- .23A at 24 VDC
*Requires 16 DC adapter (P/N VA7400-16VDC)
Fail Safe | Fail Secure: Field selectable fail safe/fail secure.
- Available with two Form 'C' monitoring switches to indicate when the latchbolt is engaged in the strike jaws and a locked/unlocked solenoid status.
- ELX-ElectroLynx® Adapter: Connects Adams Rite electrified products to ElectroLynx system
- 16 VDC Adapter: VA7400-16VDC required when using 16 VDC power