Warranty and Return
All of our products carry a minimum 90-day warranty. Generally our warranties range from 1 to 3 years for standard access products, components and accessories. We also honor manufacturer warranties on all third-party products. Warranty coverage is measured from the date of purchase.
What is covered by my product warranty?
Your product warranty covers any product malfunctions or product defects that prevent your product from working properly.
What is NOT covered by my product warranty?
The warranty does not cover any product that is modified from its original factory condition, any damages incurred during shipment, any damage caused by acts of nature, any damage due to vandalism, or any damages due to the improper installation of the product. (This includes not following instructions, cutting cables, cutting connectors off, or any modifications to your equipment.)
If you experience an issue with your product, we provide unlimited technical support, free of charge – and manage all returns and exchanges directly, minimizing unnecessary down-time.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your product, you have 30 days from the date of purchase to return the product – either for store credit towards the purchase of another product, or for credit back in the amount of the original purchase price of the product.
- Shipping and handling charges are not refundable.
- In-store credits expire within one year of issuance.
- The customer is responsible for the return shipping charges related to any non-defective products.
- All returned products must be accompanied by an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization) and returned in our original packing materials in new condition. “New condition” means that the product is in the condition you received it, is unmodified, and includes all parts accessories and documentation.
- Please be sure to pack your product carefully in its original packaging and then in another box to ship back to us.
- Failure to return products in the proper condition may result in a refusal of the return or may be subject to a minimum of a 15% restocking fee.
- Custom orders, special orders, custom built items and opened software may not be returned.
How do I send my product back for repair or replacement?
- Call Tech Support at 1.866.500.5625.
- A technical support specialist will first try to help you troubleshoot your product.
- If your product needs repair/replacement, you will be issued an RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) number.
- Pack the product carefully with any parts and accessories that were included with the product.
- Write the RMA number clearly on the exterior shipping box, and in the ATTN line on your shipping label. Not including this information on the exterior shipping box and label will cause delays in the processing of your RMA. (NOTE: Never write the RMA number on the original product packaging.)
- Not including this information on the exterior shipping box will cause delays in the processing of your RMA.
- Ship the product back to us through the Return Authorization process
Return Merchandise Authorization Process
- Obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA): Call Tech Support 1.866.500.5625 within 30-days of purchase.
- Pack your items carefully: Returned items must be new and in the original packaging, complete with all original accessories and manuals. To protect products in shipping, Maglocks over-boxes most orders. Please use the original over-box and the manufacturer's packaging.
- Attach the shipping label: For most returns, you will receive a UPS authorization Return Service (ARS) shipping label along with your return merchandise authorization number. Remove or mark out the original labels, then securely tape one completed ARS label to each package.
- Deliver the Package to UPS: Call UPS to schedule a pick-up or deliver the package to any official UPS drop-off site.
- Return merchandise with the RMA number to:
1177 Riverfront Center
Amsterdam, New York 12010
Return Options: You may choose an exchange or a refund for the full amount of the items you purchased less the return shipping fee.
Refund Method: Refunds must be issued to the same credit card, debit card or PayPal account used in the original transaction.
Non-refundable: The 30-day return guarantee does not apply to installed systems or custom ordered equipment.
All Items must be new: All returned items must be new. Maglocks may refuse a customer return or charge a reconditioning and restocking fee when the returned item is not like new. Examples of conditions that will lead to refused returns or recondition and restocking fees include;
- A different serial number than the one Maglocks originally shipped.
- Missing components or missing manufacturers packaging materials.
- Damage experienced due to improperly packaged returned equipment.
- Use and wear or damage from installation.
- Damage from drops, spilled liquid, or mishandling.
Reconditioning and Restock Fee: All returns for refund or credit will be subject to a 15% restocking fee if the items do not meet the return criteria.
Who pays for the return shipping of my product? AFTER the first 30 days of purchase: You are responsible for paying return shipping fees. We will cover all shipping fees for products shipped back to you. WITHIN the first 30 days of purchase: In the event of a manufacturing defect, we will cover all shipping charges to and from your location. Our Tech Support department will issue shipping labels upon request.
Why do I need an RMA number? Why can’t I just ship the product back to you? RMA numbers allow us to quickly identify any returned product, ensure that we get it to the right location, and allow us to more efficiently reference the returned item(s) to your order. Failure to obtain and clearly display your RMA number can cause major delays in our product resolution process.
What if my product is not repairable? If your product is under warranty, you will receive a replacement unit of that product – or of comparable product to your original purchase.
Will my replacement product be new? Depending on availability of inventory, replacement products may either be new or refurbished.
How will I know you received my return? We will email you confirming that the return was received. If you used an ARS tag to return your product, you can trace your package using the tracking number by visiting UPS Package Tracking.
How long does it take Maglocks to process my return? After we receive your package, we normally process your exchange or refund within two business days.
How are International returns handled?: You are responsible for any international shipping charges, customs or duties.
To cancel an order you have placed with Maglocks.com, you must contact customer support. Every effort will be made to accommodate the cancellation of your order as long as it has not shipped.
When contacting customer support to cancel an order, please be ready to provide your name, company name, order number and your contact information. Please note that if the item has shipped, the order cannot be cancelled. In this event, you can request to return the item through the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Process.
This Return Policy was most recently amended on January 1, 2018.