SDC 1511S Exit Check Integrated Delayed Egress 1650lb
The Exit Check series incorporates an alternating verbal message, verbal countdown and 80 db tone, plus a large digital countdown display and door release indicator that provides a clear warning or safety for persons without prior knowledge of door operation, including the blind and hearing impaired.
- Adult Living Centers
- Retail Stores
- Drug Rehab Centers
- Infant Nurseries
- Psychiatric Care
- Art Galleries
*for use on out-swing doors ONLY
Made in the USA
More Info +
see datasheet link in the documentation tab for NA and BD operation
Typically used on exit doors, when unauthorized egress is initiated when in the locked mode, the SDC Exit Check® delays egress through the door for 15 or 30 seconds. Meanwhile, the person exiting must wait while personnel or security respond. The door unlocks after 15 seconds have elapsed, permitting egress. A signal from the fire life safety system will release the lock for uninhibited egress in an emergency. 30 second delay available where approved.
Self Adjusting Door Movement Sensor
The built-in door movement sensor may only be used with doors equipped with a latch assembly, such as a mechanical lockset or exit device.
The mechanical latch mechanism must be locked on the exterior and unlocked on the interior. From the inside, retracting the door latch and applying pressure causes limited door movement. The built-in activation trigger senses the door movement and initiates delayed egress operation. The self adjusting sensor helps prevent false triggering.
Activation For Non-Latching Doors
The external activation trigger input must be used with doors without latch assemblies, such as latchless glass and herculite doors.
Activation may be triggered by the SDC MSB550 Switch Bar or the SDC Sure Exit, request-to-exit push bar. A power transfer device is required. Pushing on the requestto exit push bar immediately activates the delayed egress operation.
- 1511SNAKV (standard) Single - 1,650 lbs., voice, tone and digital countdown annunciator, NA (15or30sec) operation, K keyed reset, V aluminum finish
- 1511SBDKV Single - 1,650 lbs., voice, tone and digital countdown annunciator, BD (15sec) operation, K keyed reset, V aluminum finish
- Input Voltage: Dual voltage Sensing 12/24 VDC ± 10%
- Standard 1650lbs Holding Force - 1511S
- 830mA @ 12VDC
- 450mA @ 24VDC
- Energy Saver 1200lbs Holding Force - 1511s (E option)
- 400mA @ 12VDC
- 275mA @ 24VDC
- Request to Exit: Normally open, dry
- Fire Alarm Release: Alarm panel closed dry contact. Opening of contact releases lock.
- Single: 11 inch L x 2-3/4 inch H x 2-5/8 inch D (279 x 70 x 67mm)
- Armature: 7-3/8 inch L x 2-3/8 inch H x 9/16 inch D (187 x 60 x 14mm)
- NA Model: NFPA 101, IBC, IFC
- NC Model: BC, IFC, NFPA 101, NFPA 1-UFC, UBC,SBC Compliant, Calif. Building Code OSHPD/Manual Power Up
- BD Model: BOCA National Building Code 15 second fixed exit delay, 0/1 second nuisance delay, auto reset 30 seconds after door closure
Also Known As1511SNAKV, SZ-1511SNAKV, SDC-1511SNAKV
For Use WithCylindrical Locksets
Manufacturer Warranty2 Year