SDC MSB550 Series Non-Latching MicroSwitch Bar
Equipped with a mechanical switch activated by only 1/8 inch bar movement, the MSB550 series provides an economical alternative where the safety release attributes of sense bars is not required.
Non-Latching Push Bar for:
- Magnetic Lock Release
- Access Control Request-to-Exit
- Delayed Egress Trigger
- Alarm Shunt
- CCTV or Alarm Activation
*PT-2U Armored 18 inch power loop included, enables wiring from door to the frame.
More Info +
Building codes essentially state that egress through access controlled doors must not require prior knowledge of operational requirements. Meeting this criteria, SDC’s MSB550 is designed to release electromagnetic door locks for uninhibited egress. When slight pressure is applied a microswitch is actuated, immediately releasing the electromagnetic door lock. The MSB5500 is an economical alternative to sensor activated bars.
- Only 1/8 inch Total Bar Movement. The MSB550 has a maximum movement of only .125 inches (3.2 mm). Trigger activation to release the electromagnetic lock is quick and quiet.
- Heavy Duty Construction The MSB550 utilizes heavy-duty aluminum extrusion and rugged end caps. The mounting assembly is all metal. The rigid construction prevents any malfunction due to sagging or warped doors or tweaked-glass door stiles.
- Narrow Low Profile The MSB550 has a narrow profile with minimum projection from the door of only 1.875 inches (47 mm). The unobtrusive design is ideally suited for aesthetically superior glass openings.
- Armored Power Loop. 18 inch flex stainless conduit included. The PT-2 enables wiring from the door to the frame.
- MSB550V 628 Aluminum Anodized
- MSB550Y 335 Black Anodized
- MSB550C 605 Polished Brass
- MSB550S 629 Polished Stainless Steel
- MSB550U 630 Brushed Stainless Steel
- Actuation: 1/8 inch total bar movement for mechanical switch actuation
- Contact: SPDT, 5-Amp @ 30VDC (2nd switch optional)
- Accessories Include: PT-2U Armored Power Transfer Loop
- Only 1/8 inch total bar movement
- Slim low profile heavy duty design
- 5-Amp SPDT contact (2-SPDT contacts optional)
- CSFM, California State Fire Marshal Listed
- UL Listed, Access Control System Units & Burglary Resistant
- Power transfer loop included