SDC MD-31D Egress Sensor, failsafe, request to exit
More Info +
The MD31D PIR request-to-exit sensor unlocks doors automatically when persons approaching door are detected. The MD31D complies with national fire and building code requirements for Access Controlled Egress Doors listed above. Code compliant failsafe mode releases locks when power to PIR sensor is interrupted.
- MD-31DOW - PIR Egress Sensor, Off White
- MD-31DB - PIR Egress Sensor, Black
- Input Voltage: 12 or 24VDC/VAC @ 26mA max
- Contact:2 SPDT dry, 2 Amp @ 30VDC
- Operating Temp: -20ºF to 120ºF (-29ºC to 49ºC)
- Dimensions: 1.5 inches H x 6.25 inches W x 1.5 inches D (38.1 x 148.8 x 38.1mm)
The SDC MD31D passive infrared detector is specifically designed for request-to-exit applications. It has an adjustable 1-60 second time delay. The coverage field is internally pointable. When angled 14 degrees down, coverage may be 5 x 6 feet at 7 feet high to 10 x 12 feet at 15 feet high. The MD31D projects a wrap around “U” pattern down and away from the door to inhibit tampering. The MD31D may be mounted to the frame header, wall or ceiling. Complies with NFPA applications.