General Terms and Conditions of Sale
By completing a purchase with Maglocks.com, you are agreeing to be bound by the following General terms and conditions of Sale, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from acquiring equipment through this website.
- These general terms and conditions of sale (along with any associated written specification, quotation provided by Seller) exclusively will govern the sale by Seller of all goods and services (including without limitation, hardware, firmware and software products, engineering, parts and repair services - hereinafter, "Products") furnished to Buyer hereunder, whether such sale is effected by paper-based transactions or via facsimile or other forms of electronic data interchange ("EDI") or electronic commerce, and represents the entire agreement between Buyer and Seller with respect thereto. Buyer’s receipt or acceptance of delivery of any of the Products ordered or purchased hereunder will constitute its acceptance of these terms and conditions. No addition or modification to these terms and conditions will be binding on Seller unless agreed to in writing signed by an authorized representative at Seller’s headquarters. Seller objects to and rejects other terms and conditions that may be proposed by Buyer or that appear on or are referenced in Buyer’s purchase order or requisition that are in addition to or otherwise not consistent with the terms and conditions set forth or referenced herein.
- Payment by credit card, when permitted, is subject to credit card validation and authorization prior to shipment. Net thirty (30) days credit from date of invoice requires credit application approval and ongoing approved credit as determined by Seller. Seller may render partial invoices and require progressive payments. Seller reserves the right to render invoices electronically and to receive payment by way of electronic funds transfer. Seller reserves the right to suspend any further performance hereunder or otherwise in the event payment is not made when due. No payment by offset is permitted. Interest charges will be added to overdue invoices at the rate of 1.5% per month (subject to any limit imposed by applicable law).
- Delivery terms are via Seller’s plant or warehouse or as otherwise agreed to as evidenced by Seller’s order acknowledgment.
- Refer to individual product manufacturer warranty.
- Seller warrants that new Products furnished hereunder will be free from defects in material, workmanship and design for a period of one (1) year from the date of invoice from Seller or its appointed distributor, as the case may be. Repaired or replacement Products provided as a result of this warranty subparagraph are similarly warranted for a period of six (6) months from the date of shipment to Buyer or the remainder of the original warranty term for that particular Product, whichever is longer.
- Non-Warranty Factory Re-manufacture, Repair and Field Exchange: Seller warrants that non-warranty factory re-manufactured or field exchanged hardware Products or repaired hardware Product components will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of invoice from Seller or its appointed distributor, as the case may be. Repaired or replacement Products provided as a result of this warranty subparagraph are warranted for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of shipment to Buyer or the remainder of the original warranty term, whichever is longer.
- Buyer Specifications/Compatibility: Seller does not warrant and will not be liable for any design, materials, construction criteria or goods furnished or specified by Buyer (including that sourced from other manufacturers or vendors specified by Buyer). Any warranty applicable to such Buyer-specified items will be limited solely to the warranty, if any, extended by the original manufacturer or vendor directly or indirectly to Buyer. Seller does not warrant the compatibility of its Products with the goods of other manufacturers or Buyer’s application except to the extent expressly represented in Seller’s published specifications or written quotation.
Disclaimer and Limiation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SELLER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE, MATERIALS, ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, DATA, CONTRACT, GOODWILL OR THE LIKE (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT IN NATURE) OR FOR ANY OTHER FORM OF INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND. SELLER'S MAXIMUM CUMULATIVE LIABILITY RELATIVE TO ALL OTHER CLAIMS AND LIABILITIES, INCLUDING OBLIGATIONS UNDER ANY INDEMNITY, WHETHER OR NOT INSURED, WILL NOT EXCEED THE COST OF THE PRODUCT(S) GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR LIABILITY. SELLER DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY RELATIVE TO GRATUITOUS INFORMATION OR ASSISTANCE PROVIDED BY, BUT NOT REQUIRED OF SELLER HEREUNDER. ANY ACTION AGAINST SELLER MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN EIGHTEEN (18) MONTHS AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. THESE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY REGARDLESS OF ANY OTHER CONTRARY PROVISION HEREOF AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) OR OTHERWISE, AND FURTHER WILL EXTEND TO THE BENEFIT OF SELLER’S VENDORS, APPOINTED DISTRIBUTORS AND OTHER AUTHORIZED RESELLERS AS THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES. EACH PROVISION HEREOF WHICH PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ANY OTHER PROVISION AND IS TO BE ENFORCED AS SUCH.
Prices and other information shown in any Seller publication (including product catalogs and brochures) are subject to change without notice and to confirmation by specific quotation. Such publications are not offers to sell and are maintained only as a source of general information. Prices do not include sales, use, excise, customs, value-added or similar taxes. Buyer will pay or reimburse Seller for all such taxes as may be applicable.
Changes and Substitutions
Buyer-requested order changes, including those affecting the identity, scope and delivery of the Products, must be documented in writing and are subject to Seller’s prior approval and adjustments in price, scheduling and other affected terms and conditions. In any event, Seller reserves the right to reject any change that it deems unsafe, technically inadvisable or inconsistent with established engineering or quality guidelines and standards, or incompatible with Seller's design or manufacturing capabilities. Seller further reserves the right to substitute using the latest superseding revision or series or equivalent Product having comparable form, fit and function.
All returns of Products will be pursuant to Seller’s instructions. Non-warranty returns of unused and resalable Products for credit will be subject to Seller’s return policies in effect at the time, including applicable restocking charges and other conditions of return. Products returned under warranty must be properly packed and shipped to Seller-specified locations. Shipping containers must be clearly marked per Seller’s instruction and shipped freight prepaid by Buyer.
Cancellation by Buyer prior to shipment is permitted only by written notice and upon payment to Seller of reasonable cancellation and restocking charges, including reimbursement for direct costs. Cancellation charges associated with orders for custom Products or Products specifically manufactured to Buyer’s specification may equal the actual selling price of the Products. Seller has the right to cancel an order for cause at any time by written notice, and Seller will be entitled to cancellation and restocking charges as identified above. No termination by Buyer for cause will be effective unless and until Seller has failed to correct such alleged cause within forty five (45) days after receipt of Buyer’s written notice specifying such cause.
Seller will not be liable for any loss, damage or delay arising out of its failure (or that of its subcontractors) to perform hereunder due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of God, acts or omissions of Buyer, acts of civil or military authority, fires, strikes, floods, epidemics, quarantine restrictions, war, riots, acts of terrorism, delays in transportation, or transportation embargoes. In the event of such delay, Seller’s performance date(s) will be extended for such length of time as may be reasonably necessary to compensate for the delay.
The parties will attempt in good faith promptly to resolve any dispute arising hereunder by negotiations between representatives of the parties who have authority to settle the dispute. If unsuccessful, the parties further will attempt in good faith to settle the dispute by non-binding third-party mediation, with mediator fees and expenses apportioned equally to each side. Any dispute not so resolved by negotiation or mediation may then be submitted to a court of competent jurisdiction in accordance with the terms hereof. These procedures are the exclusive procedures for the resolution of all such disputes between the parties.
Governing Law and Forum
The agreement evidenced hereby and all disputes arising thereunder will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the internal laws and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state, province or other governmental jurisdiction in which Seller’s principal place of business resides, but specifically excluding the provisions of the 1980 UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods. Should any term or provision hereof be held wholly or partly invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the remainder of the agreement evidenced hereby will not be affected thereby.
The agreement evidenced hereby may not be assigned by either party without the written consent of the other (which consent will not be unreasonably withheld). However, consent will not be required for internal transfers and assignments as between Seller and its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates as part of a consolidation, merger or any other form of corporate reorganization.
This general terms and conditions of sale notice was most recently modified on January 1, 2018.