Altronix WP3 NEMA 4/IP 66 Outdoor Enclosure Box
Altronix WP3 is a UL Listed, NEMA 4/IP 66 Rated outdoor power supply/battery and accessory enclosure with a metal backplane.
*Empty Enclosure Box. All accessories sold separately
More Info +
Altronix WP3 is a UL Listed, NEMA 4/IP 66 Rated outdoor power supply/battery and accessory enclosure with a metal backplane. The WP3 can accommodate a wide variety of Altronix power supplies, sub-assemblies, and other accessories.
Features and Specifications
- Lightweight molded fiberglass reinforced polyester enclosure
- Corrosion Resistant, does not contain halogens
- Lockable stainless steel latches
- Includes metal backplane for mounting power and accessories
- Fits up to (2) 12VDC/7AH batteries*
- Enclosure Dimensions (approximate): 13.3 inches L x 11.3 inches W x 5.6 inches D (338.1mm x 287.3mm x 142mm)
- Product Weight: 7.0 lbs
*Empty Enclosure Box, All accessories/batteries sold separately.
- The National Electrical Manufacturers Association [NEMA] sets industry standards for the safety and reliability of electronic enclosures.
- A NEMA 4 rating adds protection against hose directed water.
- The testing for NEMA 4 consists of spraying the enclosure with water at 65 gallons per minute from a 1-inch hose. This is a lot more water than in the NEMA 3 test, for example, which is a water spray at 5 psi.
- At many industrial plants, such as breweries and dairies, cleaning workers wash down equipment with a hose, putting at risk the circuitry used for machine controls. To protect sensitive controls on the factory floor, NEMA 4 (and NEMA 4X) is a popularly specified enclosure rating.
- NEMA 4X is the same as NEMA 4 but adds protection against corrosion.
- NEMA 4X is readily available in all plastic enclosures at a relatively low price. Therefore, most enclosures specified for outdoor and factory washdown environments are rated NEMA 4X.